Loopy Lamp, M
Free pick up in one of our Rotterdam stores
Graphic designers Mary Pelders and Pieter Vos couldn't find lamps for their new house. During the fall, it became too dark, so they decided to make some lamps themselves with the idea that they should also look energetic when switched off. The yellow colour and the shape give a friendly presence during the day. In the evening, Loopy Lamp accompanies you with a friendly glow. With the dimmer, you can decide whether you make it shine! Loopy Lamp feels just as indispensable as The New Shopping Bag. We think you know what that is ;-).
Dimensions Medium: 50 x 50 x 120* cm (Loopy Lamp is height adjustable).
Material: Lightweight plastic and aluminium. All parts are CE certified.
Weight: < 2 kg
Colour: Yellow. Yellow is associated with positivity, energy, sun, gold, new beginnings, enjoyment of life, cheerfulness and happiness. Yellow indicates focus and purpose. And yellow is Mary's favorite color.
We asked the designers what's cool about this lamp:
- The aluminium fitting is fabricated at the old factory of Mary's father. (We love family businesses : )
- Our friends are already in love with the lamp. They bought it first. Even Susan Bijl! That's a big risk they dared to take : )
- Loopy Lamp is easy to shape. Don't be afraid to adjust it how you like.
- Loopy Lamp is a bit human and will become your friend.
- We brought the lamp in production because everybody wanted us to do this. We didn't even think about it because we are graphic designers and had no intention to produce Loopy Lamp.
- Shape the Lamp as high or low as you like.
- More? Just ask Mary & Pieter
About the designers
Mary & Pieter separately work on various projects. Own work, spatial work, identities for cultural institutions, publications for various publishers, exhibition design, posters, etc. The pleasure during these processes is what keeps them especially busy with design. It is difficult, but it gives a nice uncertainty, and a lot of fun—Loopy Lamp is their first project together (apart from their children Veere & Mint).